Monday 6 June 2011

Banana Cake


Banana Cake

Inspired by:
Family Circle Kids Cookbook

Why?
It looked so quick and easy, and there were a couple of bananas that needed to be used up! (always happens to me!)

I used:
60g dairy free margarine
½ cup caster sugar
1 egg
1 tsp powdered vanilla/essence
1 cup gluten free self raising flour
¼ cup dairy free rice milk
2 ripe bananas mashed

What I did:
Preheat oven to 180C. Grease/line 25cm circular cake tin or equivalent.
In a saucepan, melt butter on low heat, without boiling. 
Take off heat (turn off element), and add sugar, egg and vanilla to the saucepan and beat well together with a wooden spoon until well mixed. 
Then, sift in flour without stirring. 
Add milk and mashed banana, stir until just combined. 
Pour into cake tin. 
Bake for 30 mins.
Eat while warm, or wait until it is cool.

Comments after eating banana cake!
Nice and light, and healthy. This cake left me wanting more. It didn't last very long at all. It was gone by the next day between sharing it with work friends and visitors. Now I'll have to make some more for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment